(“we” or “SurveyDock.com”) maintain an Internet Web site (the “Site”) for the benefit of users of our services (“you” or “User”). On our Site we provide hosted tools and processes to allow you to create individualized surveys, obtain survey results, and use related services (“Services”).
1. ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE.
2. USER RESPONSIBILITIES .
• Compliance with our Anti-Spam policy. Please see Section 7 below.
• Lawful use of the Services only. Please see Section 8 below.
• Creation and maintenance of all content in the account including but not limited to survey content, email content, address books and current billing and contact information.
• Email list and Address Book maintenance including opt-out contact information and immediate removal of opt-outs and bounces from email lists and the address book.
• Payment of all agreed subscription fees.
• Full responsibility for all activity associated with your use of our Site and Services.
We reserve the right to deactivate your account(s) as we deem appropriate or necessary, without notice. You enter and use the Site and the Services at your own risk. SurveyDock.com is not responsible for your activities, surveys, content, results or questions from respondents, other data, or any other matter concerning your use of the Site or the Services. We recommend that you keep track of your survey results and other data in your own personal records, as we reserve the right to discontinue your account(s) or terminate the Services at any time. We are not responsible for the deletion of any data that is in or has been added to your account(s). If a User account remains inactive for a period of 18 months, we will deactivate the account.
4. PAYMENT TERMS; AUTOMATIC RENEWAL; CANCELLATION.
You agree to pay all charges to your account, including any applicable taxes, at the rates in effect when the charges are incurred. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving Users advance notice. You must provide our payment provider (Share*it or Paypal) with valid credit card information, and must promptly update the Account Information page in your Share*it or Paypal account with any changes in credit card validity or expiration date. We will keep your credit card information confidential.
We will automatically renew and charge your account upon every expiration date of your subscription, until you cancel your subscription in your Share*it or Paypal account. The renewal charge will be equal to the original subscription price, unless we notify you otherwise in advance. You may cancel your subscription at any time by loggin into your Share*it or Paypal account. Upon receipt of your cancel selection, we will promptly terminate your access to the Services. NO REFUNDS OF SUBSCRIPTION FEES WILL BE GIVEN. If payment cannot be charged to the credit card you have on file with us, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and access to the Services. We reserve the right to terminate your subscription and/or discontinue Services at any time for any reason.
5. REGISTRATION & PASSWORD.
You will provide current, complete, accurate information in the registration section of the Site. You will further update and keep that information current as needed. You will provide a password in order to access the Services and your account. Email login must be a valid email address maintained by you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized account activity, or any unauthorized use of your email list(s) or any other breach of security you become aware of.
SurveyDock.com is a single user service. Multiple logins and passwords to the same account are not available or permitted. You may not share logins and passwords with others. Sharing login information is in violation of this Agreement and may result in immediate account termination.
We agree not to use any of your Confidential Information (defined below) for any purpose except to operate the Site and Services in accordance with this Agreement. We agree not to disclose any of your Confidential Information to any third party other than to our employees and consultants who are bound by confidentiality obligations and are required to have access to the Confidential Information in order to operate the Site and Services. Nothing in this Agreement limits our right to independently develop, acquire or market products, ideas, or businesses, without use of your Confidential Information. “Confidential Information may include solely to the extent entered into the Services or Site by you, (a) technical information, know-how and other intellectual property, to the fullest extent that such information is maintained as a trade secret by you; (b) confidential marketing strategies; (c) confidential future product plans; (d) confidential financial information (including pricing); and (e) other confidential business information. Confidential Information will not include any information that (i) was publicly known and generally available in the public domain prior to the time of disclosure by you; (ii) becomes publicly known and generally available after disclosure by you through no action or inaction of ours; (iii) is already in our possession at the time of disclosure by you; (iv) is obtained by us from a third party without a breach of such third party’s obligations of confidentiality; (v) is independently developed by us without use of or reference to your Confidential Information; or (vi) is required by law to be disclosed by us, provided that we give you prompt written notice of such requirement prior to such disclosure and assistance in obtaining an order protecting the information from public disclosure.
7. ANTI-SPAM POLICY.
SurveyDock.com, a leading Web-based application for research and feedback, is committed to being a trusted member of the Internet community. As such, we have adopted a firm anti-spam stance. Spam can deluge a recipient’s email box and waste the recipient’s time and money. Spam often causes recipients to complain to their Internet Service Providers who in turn may block or restrict access from legitimate services like SurveyDock.com, and Users, like you.
To help recipients be free from spam, and to maximize the availability of our Services to our community of Users, we have taken a “zero tolerance” stand against spam. You acknowledge, warrant and agree that:
• You will not engage in any spamming activities in your use of the Services.
• You understand that SurveyDock.com is serving as “survey host” and is not the sender or originator of any survey, and that you are therefore solely responsible for your emailing activities using the Services.
• You warrant that you either have an ongoing business or personal relationship with or have obtained consents to send emails inviting participation in a survey to the persons on your own email list and on any lists you have acquired from a third party.
• Your use of the Site and Services will not violate any U.S. or foreign spamming, junk mail or other related laws or regulations prohibiting or discouraging unsolicited mail.
• If you engage in any unlawful spamming activity, SurveyDock.com will report such conduct to the appropriate authorities and turn over any and all information, including personally identifiable information, to appropriate law enforcement persons or entities.
• We may request at any time that you provide proof that your email recipients have agreed to receive emails from you. We may require that you provide the name of a list vendor and documentation of specific opt-in processes you or the vendor have used.
8. OTHER PROHIBITED USES.
You acknowledge, warrant and agree that:
• You will not transmit through the Service or the Site any pornographic, obscene, offensive, threatening, harassing, libelous, hate-oriented, harmful, defamatory, racist, illegal or otherwise objectionable material or content.
• You will not send any transmission that attempts to hide your identity or represents you as someone else.
• Any attempt by you to transmit, publish or distribute material or content that promotes, provides or relates to instructional information about illegal activities or promotes physical harm or injury against any individual or group is strictly prohibited.
• You will not use the Service or the Site to send any materials, including surveys and requests to take surveys, to any persons under 18 years of age unless and until you have taken and follow all necessary action and compliance pursuant to state and federal laws.
• You will not upload or distribute in any way any files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any similar software or programs that may damage the operation of anyone else’s computer, the Service or the Site.
• You will not interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Service and the Site.
• Any attempt by you to gain unauthorized access to any computer system, including accounts, lockers or databases maintained by and for SurveyDock.com, is strictly prohibited.
• You will comply with all laws, rules and regulations regarding transmission of technical data exported from the United States.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE AND THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, SURVEYDOCK.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE CONTENTS OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. SURVEYDOCK.COM ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT.
SURVEYDOCK.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY SURVEY OR INVITATIONS TO TAKE SURVEYS OR INVITATIONS TO VIEW SURVEY RESULTS CREATED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE NOR IS IT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESPONSES SUBMITTED TO ANY SURVEY REQUESTS OR FOR THE RESULTS GENERATED BY SURVEY RESPONSES. SURVEYDOCK.COM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE RELIABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THE REGISTRATION INFORMATION SUPPLIED TO SURVEYDOCK.COM NOR THE RESPONSES OR INFORMATION SUPPLIED BY SURVEY RESPONDENTS TO USERS IN RESPONSE TO SURVEYS. SURVEYDOCK.COM DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE USE OF ANY SURVEY, SURVEY RESPONSES OR SURVEY RESULTS NOR DOES SURVEYDOCK.COM WARRANT THE CORRECTNESS, USEFULNESS, RELIABILITY, ACCURACY OR OTHERWISE OF ANY SURVEY, SURVEY RESPONSES OR SURVEY RESULTS. SURVEYDOCK.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER LOSS RESULTING FROM USE OF OR RELIANCE IN ANY WAY ON ANY SURVEY, SURVEY RESPONSES OR SURVEY RESULTS CREATED ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THE SITE. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ANY SURVEYS, SURVEY RESPONSES, SURVEY RESULTS OR OTHER INFORMATION RECEIVED WHILE USING THE SERVICE OR SITE.
SURVEYDOCK.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE OR SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR-FREE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; NOR DOES SURVEYDOCK.COM MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR SITE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE FOR THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE OR SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
SURVEYDOCK.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDNG ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR SITE OR ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR BASED UPON THE SERVICE OR THE SITE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE OR SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER SURVEYDOCK.COM NOR ANY PARENT ENTITIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICE OR ANY SURVEYS, SURVEY RESPONSES OR SURVEY RESULTS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SERVICE, THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THE SITE, OR WITH ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE AND LEAVE THE SITE IMMEDIATELY.
11a. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
SurveyDock.com owns the content including the graphics, names, text, software, music, videos, sound, pictures, compilations, survey templates, surveys, page layout, design, processes, procedures, magnetic translation, digital conversion or other material contained in the Service and the Site to the extent such content is provided and/or designed by SurveyDock.com. It is all protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. No one may copy, reproduce, distribute in any way, or decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the content. You are permitted the limited license to use the content of the Service and the Site as authorized herein to create surveys and view survey responses and survey results for your personal use as an end product only, and you must at all times maintain SurveyDock.com’s copyright symbol on the product in any form or medium. While your account is active, you will have the right to access your surveys, survey responses, survey results and related survey data, and you assume the entire risk of disclosing such content to third parties. Modification or use of SurveyDock.com’s content in any prohibited way is a violation of copyright and other proprietary laws. No one may copy, reproduce, transmit, post, distribute or create derivative works from this Site without prior express authorization.
11b. NO MISAPPROPRIATION OR MISUSE OF NAMES, MARKS, OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL.
You agree not to use, misuse or misappropriate any brand names, trademarks, service marks, patents, images, text or other proprietary material or content of another on or through the Service or the Site. If you use any such proprietary material or content, by doing so, you warrant that you have the right and authority to do so.
12. LINKS AND ADVERTISERS.
SurveyDock.com may provide advertising space and/or links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. SurveyDock.com has not reviewed all of the third -party sites nor reviewed any products or services they may provide. SurveyDock.com is not responsible for nor does it endorse the contents or any products or services of such third parties or their sites. SurveyDock.com DOES NOT CONTROL IN ANY RESPECT ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR SUGGESTED BY THIRD PARTIES ON THE SITE. SURVEYDOCK.COM DOES NOT ENDORSE OR OTHERWISE WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT ARE EITHER ADVERTISED ON THE SITE OR CONNECTED BY LINK.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without reference to its conflict or choice of law rules or principles. Customer hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for any legal action arising out of this Agreement or the performance of the obligations hereunder or thereunder.
16. NATURE OF AGREEMENT.
17. GENERAL PROVISIONS.